Up Mini 3 3D Printer – Small is Beautiful
The UP Mini 2 is the most recent addition to the UP Brand that is popular. The UP Mini 2 brings a selection of brand new features and a fresh makeover inside and out. With a sleek new design and a handle for portability the UP mini 2 3D printer is designed to appeal to younger makers. But it is not just the design which has been boosted the addition of wireless connectivity, touchscreen, HEPA filtration and resume print facility are all cutting edge features that you’d expect in a flagship model so it is refreshing to see the UP brand is not sacrificing features in it’s entry level offering.
In fact in this price range this feature set and the exception quality of the output makes this little gem a real contender. While the predecessor was mostly geared toward using PLA plastic this new model with its filter and heat retention chamber also expands its capability to ABS plactics. Whilst not perfect, we believe that the Up Mini 2 is currently as good as it gets in this price range. This 3D printer represents great value and performance for the home hobbyist or educational user seeking a “plug ‘n’ play” encounter.
Up (also called Afinia) range of 3D printers are recognized for their durability and dependability. Their market is really toward the consumer with out-of-the-box good prints due to a tailored software and driver package. This means you can get an excellent print right away without having to understand all the intricacies of the multitude of available settings customisations. However with the wifi, touchscreen and boxed and filtered construction they are a great option for educational institutions as well.
Take note that the print quality is not that much different from earlier Up/Afinia printers – the progress noted is chiefly around its ease of use and security features. Anybody who has used an old Up/Afinia printer will understand that they already were capable of outstanding quality prints.
- Build footprint of 120 x 120 x 120mm with heated build table.
- Heat retention chamber to reduce warping.
- Double linear bearings on each axis – ensures consistent build quality throughout the entire print process.
- Layer resolution of 150 microns.
- HEPA Filter
- WIFI Connectivity
- Smart Spool Holder (with Tool Box)
- Touch Screen
- Chip free and open consumables – You can use any brand of 1.75mm diameter plastic with your UP Mini.
- USB interface for simplicity print spooling, you can unplug your computer once the UP! Mini starts printing.
- New: WiFi connectivity for hassle-free wireless printing.
- Includes the Smart UP! Studio, tools and a full roll of plastic to get you started.